Yoga Nidra - Deep Relaxation & Beyond with Kevin Kortan
After a wonderful weekend of STRETCH FESTIVAL, this time will help you integrate and relax into all that has been stirred and discovered within you. Yoga Nidra induces deep relaxation throughout your entire body and mind. Kevin will guide you through your body, breath, emotions, into your deepest essence. Would you like to: - have more energy, be more relaxed?
- improve your memory, concentration?
- free yourself from emotional reactivity? This practice offers tools to: - relax
- sleep well
- improve digestion
- reduce pain, fatigue
- support your immune system
- resolve personal problems, trauma
- neutralize anxiety, anger, depression
Gentle movements segue into Yoga Nidra, done lying down. "I finally found a practice that allows me to deeply relax and meditate." Come experience it for yourself.
Yoga Nidra is done lying on your back. To prepare, I would suggest you have the following ready for the workshop:
- Your practice space is warm enough.
- You will not be disturbed during practice.
- Enough cushioning on the floor for you to lie on your back for 45 minutes or so.
- A blanket to cover yourself with, if you wish.
- A blanket to fold to support your head and neck, if you need that to keep your neck neutral.
- A bolster, or could be a couple of blankets rolled together, to put behind your knees. Some people like another bolster, possibly a bit smaller, to put underneath your ankles/heels.
Kevin Kortan enjoys working with men in groups and individually, helping them become more authentically themselves through the practices of yoga, touch, and sound healing. He co-created and taught the workshop "Power, Pleasure, & Play" with Kai Ehrhardt in New York and Easton Mountain. Kevin danced professionally, touring internationally including the world-renowned Trisha Brown Dance Company. He has taught yoga for 25 years and trained yoga teachers for over 15 years. Kevin is also a Yoga Therapist, Movement Therapist, and teaches Experiential Anatomy, Dance, and Chanting.
18:00 - 19:00 CET
Stretch Lounge with Axel Peddersen
We invite you to the Stretch Festival lounge, an informal open space for discussion, reflection, saying hello and relaxing. Hosted by Axel on Saturday and Tony on Sunday.</p>
Axel lives in Berlin and does bodywork with the Pantarei Approach and embodied counseling. He has roots in the Copenhagen left/trans/queer activist scene and now uses embodiment to assist groups and people on their journeys towards living lives full of strength, compassion and resilience.